Your safety is our top priority. Ohio State’s Department of Public Safety offers many resources. Please browse the below to find tips and procedures for staying safe in various circumstances. Trying to report a crime?
Call 614-292-2121 or visit How to Report a Crime.
The Ohio State University Department of Public Safety Resources
- Active Aggressor
- Buckeye Block Watch
- Bug Your Bike
- Rave Guardian – Virtual Guardian App
- Safety Messaging Toolkit
- Safety Spotlight (video series)
- Safety Tips
- Sexual Assault Support Resources
Other University Resources
- Avoid Scams
- EHS Good Catch Program
- Lyft Ride Smart at Ohio State
- Office of Institutional Equity - Sexual assault, harassment, discrimination and Title IX resources.
- Report a Crime
- Safe and Healthy Buckeyes
- Student Life Home Safety Devices
- Student Life Housing Walk-Throughs
- Student Life Off-Campus Housing Safety
- Student Legal Services - Call 614-247-5853 for assistance with off-campus housing issues or other legal matters.
Safety Enhancements Overview
The safety of the Ohio State community is the university’s highest priority. President Kristina M. Johnson in October 2020 announced a task force to review safety issues on campus and in neighborhoods near the university — and to identify, implement and advocate for additional approaches that address violence, crime, and high-risk activities and behaviors. To date, the university has initiated implementation of 13 of the task force’s 15 recommendations. In September 2021, Dr. Johnson announced an additional $2 million a year over the next decade to enhance safety and security on and around campus, bringing the total campus public safety budget to $35 million annually. The university remains fully committed to refining and broadening its approach to addressing crime. Read more about safety enhancements and how the university has communicated about safety issues since October 2020: