Fire Log

Below are the fire log statistics for the Columbus campus residence halls. View statistics for the regional campuses (Mansfield, Newark, Wooster).

Columbus Campus

Displaying 1 - 16 of 84
Date Occurredsort ascending Time Occurred Date Reported Building Name Cause Explanation Value of Property Damage # of Fire Related Injuries # of Fire Related Deaths
April 20, 2022 12:30pm April 20, 2022 Park-Stradley Unintentional Dryer fire - Mechanical malfunction $3,000
April 14, 2022 3:00pm April 14, 2022 Fechko House Unintentional Unattended food on stove caught fire $20
November 17, 2021 2:15pm November 17, 2021 Lincoln Tower Unintentional Small fire caused by malfunctioning toaster $25,000
November 7, 2021 3:00pm November 10, 2021 Mack Hall Intentional Paper decoration on wall in 3rd floor hallway was burned $0
February 13, 2020 7:45pm February 13, 2020 Neil Building Unintentional Burned food in microwave $250
February 1, 2020 7:45am February 1, 2020 Scott House Unintentional Cotton ball inside of microwave caught fire $0
February 1, 2020 (All day) February 6, 2020 Morrill Tower Intentional Student lit body spray on fire as it sprayed from the bottle $0
November 27, 2019 4:30pm November 27, 2019 Bradley/Paterson Unintentional Burned food $100
November 24, 2019 1:45am November 24, 2019 Residence on 10th Unintentional Small cooking fire - popcorn $200
November 21, 2019 1:15pm November 21, 2019 Blackburn House Intentional Student used a lighter to burn a stray thread off of clothing $0
November 18, 2019 11:45pm November 18, 2019 Lincoln Tower Unintentional Sparkler on a birthday cake caused a small fire on a trash can $100
November 11, 2019 12:30pm November 11, 2019 Drackett Tower Unintentional Batteries sitting on a window sill spontaneously caught fire $10
November 5, 2019 7:15pm November 5, 2019 Residence on 10th Unintentional Small grease fire from cooking $200
May 2, 2019 1:30pm May 2, 2019 Scholars East Intentional Burn mark on paper hanging on wall $0
January 14, 2019 8:30pm Worthington Building Intentional Flyer posted on wall of 2nd floor elevator lobby had a burned corner $0
October 1, 2018 2:00pm Neil Building Unintentional Oven mitt on stovetop caught fire $10