Report Sexual Assault to Office of Institutional Equity
To report an on campus crime to police, please call 614-292-2121 or dial 9-1-1 in emergencies.
The Ohio State University Police Division Survivor's Rights Guarantee
Sexual assaults, including date/acquaintance rape, are a very serious concern of the University Police. If you believe you are the survivor of a sexual assault on campus, the University Police Division will guarantee you the following:
- We will meet with you privately, at a place of your choice, to take a police incident report.
- We will not release, without your consent, your name to the public or to the press during the course of the criminal investigation.
- Our officers will not prejudge you, and you will not be blamed for what occurred.
- We will treat you and your particular case with courtesy, sensitivity, dignity, understanding and professionalism.
- If you are more comfortable talking with a female or male officer, we will do our best to accommodate your request.
- We will assist you in arranging for any hospital treatment or other medical needs, including transportation to a local hospital with a Rape Crisis Treatment Center.
- We will assist you in privately contacting counseling services, the development of a safety plan and advising you about other available/necessary resources.
- We will fully investigate your case and will help you achieve the best outcome. This may involve the arrest and full prosecution of the suspect responsible. You will be kept up to date on the progress of the investigation and/or prosecution.
- We will continue to be available for you to answer questions, to explain the systems and processes involved (prosecutor, court, etc.) and, if you wish, to be a listening ear.
- We consider your case seriously regardless of you or any suspect's race, color, creed, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or veteran status.
If you believe you are a sexual assault survivor, call the Ohio State Police Division at 614-292-2121 and indicate that you want to file (privately) a sexual assault report. You may call the division anytime (24/7).
If we fail to achieve any part of the listed guarantee, the Chief of Police will meet with you personally to address any problems/concerns. Please call the Ohio State Police Division at 614-292-2121 to make arrangements. University Police want to help you make the Ohio State campus safe for its students, faculty, staff and visitors.