Finding yourself in an active aggressor situation can cause extreme panic and disorientation. But if you know what to do ahead of time, your chances of surviving this type of emergency situation are greatly increased.
The phrase Run Hide Fight® is a registered trademark of the City of Houston.
- Have an escape route and plan in mind
- Leave your belongings behind
- Keep your hands visible
- Your second option should be to hide
- Do not huddle together because it makes one easy target
- Lock and barricade doors and shut off lights
- Fighting is a last resort to be used only when your life is in imminent danger
- Attempt to incapacitate the active shooter
- Find an object to use as a weapon such as a fire extinguisher or chair