Daily Crime Log
A daily crime log is available for each Ohio State campus. Click on the desired link below to download the latest daily crime log(s).
In accordance with the 1998 Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, an electronic version of the Daily Crime Log is posted above. The Daily Crime Log includes the date and time the crime was reported, the date and time the crime occurred, the location of the crime, the nature of the crime, and the disposition of the complaint, if known.
A hard copy of the Daily Crime Log is available, upon request, during normal business hours (Monday – Friday, 7 a.m. to 3 p.m.), in the Records Section, Blankenship Hall, 901 Woody Hayes Drive, Columbus OH 43210.
The below Community Crime Map consists of statistics from the Columbus Division of Police (CPD) and shows off-campus crime reports. Ohio State has preprogrammed the map to a one-mile radius to include the crime reports from the most recent 7-day period. The default crime categories are pre-determined by Lexis Nexis. Additional features available include the ability to:
- Turn on additional crime categories
- Access months or years of data
- See heat maps and trends including time of day
- Sign up for crime alerts (daily, weekly or monthly)
- Enter your own, personal home address to set up tailored alerts
On-campus crimes are not shown on the off-campus map but can be accessed via the above daily crime log. To see How to Use the Community Crime Map, view the video (right) or click here for a larger version. For more information on individual, off-campus crime reports, visit the CPD reports portal.
- We remind everyone to walk with friends or coworkers and utilize transportation such as CABS or Lyft Ride Smart at Ohio State.
- Lock cars and do not leave engines running. Remove valuables and report stolen items to police.
- At home, lock doors and windows and keep exterior lights on. Report suspicious behavior to law enforcement.
Lexis Nexis Communtiy Crime Map is best viewed in Internet Explorer 11+, Firefox V27+ and ChromeV30+. If you have a disability and need accommodations signing up for off-campus crime alert emails, please contact us at email@example.com.