Winter Weather Safety Tips
The safety of our campus community is our top priority. Please remember to take precautions while traveling in winter weather.
- Plan ahead and allow extra time.
- Check scheduled activities in advance to make sure there are no changes or cancellations.
- Dress appropriately for the weather (boots, hat, gloves).
- While walking, take it slow to avoid slipping.
- While driving, allow additional distance between your vehicle and the vehicle in front of you.
- Know your route and pay special attention to changing and/or declining weather conditions.
Before snow and ice start to collect, the university treats campus roadways and sidewalks. Staff remain on campus throughout the day and night treating and plowing, as needed. CampusParc crews will treat parking lots and garages.
When traveling around campus, remember that public transportation is available. You can find real-time CABS bus arrival information via the Ohio State app.
Riding COTA? Visit cota.com for service info.
The university’s Department of Public Safety offers a real-time weather forecast online.