Safety Alert Update
This update is being shared to provide additional clarification about the shooting incident that occurred on High Street on Saturday, September 11. Police are actively investigating the incident in which a mother of an Ohio State student was wounded and transported to the hospital. Details continue to be unclear, but the police division is working diligently to investigate multiple theories, including that this could have been an unintentional discharge of a weapon from someone nearby.
Here is a recap of what police know to be true:
- The victim was not confronted by an assailant.
- There was a report of a loud bang or gun shot.
- The victim suffered a gunshot wound to the lower leg.
- No witnesses saw a weapon or report seeing anyone fire a weapon.
- Two men were seen immediately fleeing the area and are persons of interest.
We take all crimes seriously and will continue to investigate to the fullest extent possible. Anyone with information is encouraged to call 614-292-2121.