7/27 - Plan for Major Traffic, Bus Service and Parking Impacts
Two events happening on campus Wednesday, July 27, will impact traffic, bus service, parking and access around campus starting late Wednesday afternoon.
- The International Champions Cup(link is external)will take place at Ohio Stadium at 7:30 p.m.
- The Honda Civic Tour with Demi Lovato with Nick Jonas(link is external) will take place at the Schottenstein Center at 7:30 p.m.
Significant inbound and outbound traffic delays and minimal parking availability are anticipated beginning around 3:30 p.m. Additional impacts include:
- Beginning at 3:30 p.m., Cannon Drive, north of John Herrick Drive, and westbound Woody Hayes Drive will be closed.
- Northbound SR-315 exit to Medical Center Drive exit may be closed periodically depending on traffic conditions.
- Other roadway restrictions will be in place.
All are asked to use extra caution when walking, driving, and biking on campus, follow the direction of officials in the roadway, and plan for additional time to access destinations.
- Beginning at 3:30 p.m., the CABS Campus Loop North, Campus Loop South and Buckeye Village service will be suspended, with regular service resuming Thursday morning. Any CABS rider on central campus who needs access to their vehicle on West Campus after 3:30 p.m. will need to use the free event shuttle, which provides service between the Sisson Hall footbridge, west of the Olentangy River, and the Mount Hall Loop on West Campus. Event shuttle service begins at 3 p.m. and will provide service until one hour after the conclusion of the event. Please see the event shuttle map for details.
- The CABS Med Center Express, Morehouse, East Residential and paratransit service will continue to provide regular summer service. Service delays on these routes may occur depending on traffic conditions.
- For alternate transportation needs, please contact Transportation and Traffic Management via e-mail at email@example.com or call 614-292-7433 Monday – Friday, 6:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Several parking areas, including those near Ohio Stadium, will be reserved for event use and unavailable to CampusParc permit holders(link is external)
- Surface lots throughout campus may require payment upon entry. Annual permit holders may park in these lots at no cost with the presentation of a valid event hangtag.
- Permit holders unable to present a valid hangtag will be required to pay the non-refundable event parking fee upon entry.
- Please note: Event hangtags do not provide entry into parking garages.
- Visit CampusParc’s website for a specific list of parking closures and restrictions(link is external).
Be Sure to Plan Ahead
- 3rd shift staff may consider arriving early due to heavy traffic at the conclusion of the event. Staff should anticipate additional pedestrian and vehicular traffic so that they may access their destinations on time.
- Staff leaving campus during late evening hours should also be advised that traffic patterns similar to those on football Saturdays will be in effect and it will take additional time to exit the campus area.
- As a reminder for staff who may be parking remotely, beginning at 3:30 p.m. CABS Campus Loop North, Campus Loop South and Buckeye Village service will be suspended, with regular service resuming Thursday morning. The Med Center Express, Morehouse Shuttle East Residential and paratransit service will continue to provide regular summer service on Wednesday. Service delays on these routes may occur depending on traffic conditions.
Event traffic patterns depend on a variety of factors including time of day, time of event, traffic flows, parking availability. Follow the OSU Department of Public Safety on Twitter at @OSUPOLICE(link is external) for real-time traffic and parking updates.
After the Game
- All motorists are asked to use extra patience and caution when walking, driving, and biking on campus and to follow the direction of officers /officials in the roadway.