Skip to main content
Procedures to Follow
- Call 9-1-1.
- Unless trained, do not render assistance above basic first aid.
- Do not attempt to move the injured person unless they are in immediate danger.
- Clear the area of unnecessary people.
- Have someone meet and escort the medical team to the victim.
- Limit your communications to put less stress on the injured person(s).
- After the person’s immediate needs have been met, remain to assist the investigating officer with pertinent information about the incident.
- If the victim is a staff member, notify their supervisor.
Information to Know
- Location of AED’s/AED trained personnel
- Location of incident
- Phone number at your location
- How many victims are involved
- If victim is breathing
- If victim is conscious
- If victim has a pulse
- If there is severe bleeding
- Planning for such emergencies includes knowing who has been trained in emergency first aid procedures and CPR.