Procedures To Follow
- Rescue – Rescue yourself; followed by others permitting it is safe to do so, by exiting the building where you are safe outside. Stay low to the ground…smoke is more deadly than fire!
- Alert others by activating the fire alarm on the way out.
- Close – Close the door on the way out.
- Evacuate – Extinguish the fire only if it is safe to do so and you know how – otherwise evacuate, close the door, and sound the alarm on the way out.
If the fire is small and you have received training, attempt to extinguish it with a fire extinguisher or other available means. Do not jeopardize your personal safety.
Never allow fire to come between you and an exit.
Information to Know
- Location of incident
- Possible cause of incident
- Your location
- Your phone number
- Floors affected
- Noises before or after you smelled smoke and/or heard explosion/ audible alarm
- Location of the nearest fire extinguisher and pull station
- Know two ways out