The men and women of The Ohio State University Police Division are sworn by oath to defend constitutional rights and to perform their duties for the principles of education, the enforcement of laws, and the protection of life and property.
To earn the distinction as a leader in policing through commitment to our core values.
We carry out our mission to the university committed to these values:
- Service: The principle of assisting others who need our help and the setting aside of our individual needs to accomplish our goal.
- Innovation: The commitment to generating and discovering new ideas and processes through creative inquiry.
- Respect: Treating all individuals with courtesy and dignity.
- Integrity: Our duties are performed with the utmost honesty, consistency of character and ethical standards.
- Diversity: The acceptance and appreciation of the differences in culture, thought, and experiences of all individuals and to integrate those differences in all we do.
In everything we do, Communication, Cooperation, and Collaboration.
The Ohio State University Police Division has accreditation from the Commission on Accreditation for Law Enforcement Agencies (CALEA), confirming that OSUPD is meeting internationally recognized best practices of law enforcement agency standards. CALEA assessed the OSUPD on its programs and standards developed specifically for the college/university environment.
The Ohio State University Police Division has obtained Ohio Collaborative Law Enforcement certification, formulated to improve community-police relations. OSUPD is meeting State of Ohio standards on bias-free policing, telecommunicator training, body-worn cameras, use of force, use of deadly force, agency employee recruitment and hiring, and community engagement.
- Lima Campus Police
- Mansfield Campus Police
- Marion Campus Police
- Newark Campus Police
- Wooster Campus Police
OSUPD Organizational Charts